Mathematics at Wolborough
Our core purpose is to equip all pupils with the skills, confidence and love for mathematics. We believe mathematics is an essential part of children’s development throughout school, right from an early age. During this time, we will develop their mathematical fluency, problem solving and reasoning.
Wolborough will deliver a curriculum which:
- Allows children to be a part of creative and engaging lessons that will give them a range of opportunities to explore mathematics following a mastery curriculum approach.
- Gives each pupil a chance to believe in themselves as mathematicians and develop the power of resilience and perseverance when faced with mathematical challenges.
- Engages all children and entitles them to the same quality of teaching and learning opportunities, striving to achieve their potential.
- Makes rich connections across mathematical ideas to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and competence in solving increasingly sophisticated problems.
- Provides equal opportunities for children to apply their mathematical knowledge to other subjects (cross-curricular links).
- Is in line with the expectations in the National Curriculum 2014